Today in this world everyone needs privacy, everyone does their work secretively. There are so many people in this world who does illegal work and are threat to innocent people. You have a danger of leaking of your files and work by the hacker which gain access to your computers and files and hence steal your work and then you won’t get anything from your hard work.
There is a need to hide all of your important work from such traitors. You can hide your important files in many ways but in this article we will talk about Steganography. Most of you may not be knowing what steganography is, well, it is an act of hiding any file inside an image file. You can share all of your important file all over the internet without the use of any encryption or any decryption method. All you need is any third party software. In this article I will teach you how to hide a zip file within an image file using a third party software. The advantage of it is that even if your file goes to a wrong hand in-between after you have bound your file to an image file, he/she won’t be able to detect it because the image file works normally, you won’t have excess to the file until and unless you don’t know the tick to unbind it from the image file. So, let’s begin with it.
Things needed in this process:
- The file which you want to hide.
- A picture where you can safely hide your important file.
- A third party software which could be either WinZip or WinRAR. Any of this will work, so download it from internet and install it on your system. These will cost you nothing.
Steps to hide file(s) inside an image file:
- First you need to create a new folder on your hard drive where you can put the files you need to hide. Suppose you created the new folder in drive C i.e. ‘C:\New Folder’.
- Now select all files you wish to hide inside the image as well as the image in which you are going to hide all the files in the folder you just made. Make sure the image doesn’t contain any space in between of its name, if it does than rename it to ‘Image.jpg’.
- Open up that folder and select all the files you wish to hide, make sure you haven’t selected the image too. Now right click on it and then select on the WinRAR or WinZip option whichever you have installed and the compress to ‘The New Folder You Had Created’. Now name it whatever you wish for example ‘Secret.rar’.
- Now click on start and then on Run. After it type ‘CMD’ on the box and press Enter or click on OK. Now a command prompt will pop up, navigate the folder in which you have both the image and files. For that, type ‘C:\New Folder’ in the command prompt.
- Now in the command prompt type ‘Copy /b Image.jpg + Secret.rar Image.jpg’.
Now the files are hidden inside the image.
Steps to unbind the file from the image:
- There are two ways of doing this:
- Way 1: Change the extension of the image from jpg to rar. Now open it and unzip the ‘Secret.rar’ file you will see there. There you have all the hidden files.
- Way 2: Right click on the image and then click on ‘open with winrar’. Now unzip the ‘Secret.rar’ and you will be able to see all the files.So, this was the trick. If you liked above tips or you found it useful. Do share it guys!